Text size:
Support from the Hull City Council

Register as Disabled

If you have a disability, you can register with us as a disabled person.

You do not have to register, but it may help in getting concessions such as reduced fares for public transport.

Assessments for registration are carried out by a social care advisor at The Wilson Centre.

Replacement registration cards are also issued at The Wilson Centre.


How to register as disabled

Sight loss

Please contact your GP so they can refer you to a consultant eye specialist, who assesses whether you qualify to register as blind or partially sighted.

If you qualify, the eye specialist completes a certificate of vision impairment and send it to us. We then register you as disabled.


Hearing loss

To be registered for your hearing loss you must have had an audiogram or have a total or profound hearing loss. The citywide sensory team request the outcome of your audiogram to confirm whether you are eligible for registration.

You can contact the sensory team for information by email at sensoryteam@hullcc.gov.uk (Opens in a new window).


Physical, limbless or learning disability

Please contact a social care advisor from the community see and solve team at The Wilson Centre in person Monday to Friday.

To proceed with any disability registration, you will need to bring with you written medical proof which states the nature of the disability.

Contact us:
The Wilson Centre,
Alfred Gelder Street,
Hull, HU1 2AG

Opening Hours

Monday 9am to 4.30pm
Tuesday 9am to 4.30pm
Wednesday 10.30am to 4.30pm
Thursday 9am to 4.30pm
Friday 9am to 4.30pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed