Please review and correct the information below.

Caring for someone

Hull City Council provides a dedicated carers service to offer information and advice for people of any age who care for others. You will also find information on how to complete a carer's assessment.

Visit the Hull City Council carers’ assessment information page to find out more

The Carers Information Support Service

The Carers’ Information and Support Service (CISS) offers free advice and support to anyone who is providing a caring role.
CISS supports carers over the age of 18 and their families, in a number of ways including -

  • Free Carers’ Assessment
  • Free and confidential advice and support
  • Signposting/referral to other services
  • Access to respite
  • Access to information relevant to your caring role
  • Support in registering as a carer with your GP
  • Gain an understanding into caring and workers’ rights
  • Access to a range of courses such as First Aid
  • If you have a long term health condition you can access a six week programme called EMPOWER to increase your skills in managing your condition
  • Assessment and eligibility to access to a grant scheme
  • Access to Legal Financial advice
  • Carers’ group (access)
  • Carers Champion Training
  • DWP advice and direct referral.

Carers Assessment

The Carer Assessment will provide you with information on your entitlements as a carer. It will also identify community services available to you and the person/s you care for.

CISS can assess your needs, if you provide regular and substantial care and you don’t get paid for it.

CISS staff can tell you about services that are available to help you, according to your assessment. They will give you an individual support plan to help you balance your commitments.

We can arrange to see you in your community.

For more information text CARERS to 61825

Alternatively you can E-Mail them at Chcp.carersinfo@nhs.net  or Telephone them on 01482 222 220

Access the City Health Care Partnership - CISS here

Their address is -

Carers’ Information and Support Service

The Calvert Centre

110A Calvert Lane



NHS Choices

If you want more information about the illness or condition of the person you care for you should try NHS Choices Website. You can find information that has been checked out and approved.

Visit the NHS Choices website to find out more

Carers UK

Carers UK offer advice and guidance on all issues relating to caring for someone. They also offer a support system where you can talk to other carers in the network.

Go to the Carers UK website to access their advice and services here

Carers Trust

Carers Trust believes in a world where the role and contribution of unpaid carers is recognised and they have access to the quality support and services they need to live their own lives.

They also offer help and support on a wide range of topics relating to caring and you can get in touch with them on by telephone on 01652 650 585 Or by E-Mail at info@carerssupportcentre.com  .

You can also access the Carers Trust website here

Last reviewed: 08/01/2017

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Caring for someone

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.