Please review and correct the information below.

Public and community transport

Locally there are a wide range of travel options that could suit your needs:

Blue Badge scheme

The blue badge scheme helps you park closer to your where you need to be for things like shops, hospitals, supermarkets, Doctors etc.

If you are disabled or have a health condition that affects your mobility, you can apply for a blue badge. You can also apply for a badge if you care for a child with a health condition. You don't need to be able to drive to apply for a Blue Badge, unless you're applying because of problems with your arms.

Visit the Hull City Council for more information and apply for a Blue Badge

Lost or Stolen Blue Badges

Should your blue badge be lost, damaged or stolen, telephone 01482 300 300 to obtain a replacement.
If your badge has been stolen you will need to contact the police to obtain a crime reference number.

If the current badge was due to expire in the next six months it may be appropriate to renew your application instead of requesting a replacement badge.

A replacement blue badge will cost £10.

You can apply for or renew your blue badge by going onto the Hull City Council website using the link provided
If your old badge is recovered after you have been issued with a replacement, you should return it to an issuing office so it can be destroyed.

Go to Hull City Council - Lost, stolen or damaged blue badge to replace you blue badge

Disability rail card

Our disability rail card concessionary scheme offers discounted concessionary travel available in the East Riding of Yorkshire area.

The card enables the holder to travel free of charge within the East Riding of Yorkshire and to Scarborough and York on Northern services only the card is not valid via Leeds or Doncaster.

There is no companion (+C) element with this pass and so those requiring assistance  have to make their own, arrangements.

To find out more visit the Hull City Council -  rail card concessionary scheme here

Disability bus pass

You can apply for a disability bus pass if you are an adult or child aged five or over living in Hull. You must meet a number of specific criteria to be considered, for a detailed understanding of what conditions apply please contact us

Passenger transport services
Hull City Council
1st Floor
Festival House
93 Jameson Street
Tel: 01482 300 300
Email: publictransport@hullcc.gov.uk

Apply for a disability bus pass here

National senior railcard

Anyone with either a valid UK passport or driving licences and, is over the age of 60 years old is able to purchase a concessionary rail card. The card gives you a third off standard and first class anytime, off Peak and advance fares.

To find out more information visit the website using the link provided

For help regarding senior rail-cards

Email Railcardhelp@atoc.org
Telehone: 0345 3000 250 (7am to 10pm)

National Railcards
PO BOX 6616
DD11 9AR

 To find out if and when you may become eligible then please visit the m Hull city council - National senior railcard here

Senior bus pass

If you live in England and are of the eligible age, you are entitled to a bus pass. Residents of Hull can use their bus pass at any time of the day for journeys starting within the city boundary.

If you were born after Wednesday 5 April 1950, the age you become eligible is tied to changes in the state pension age for women. This affects both men and women.

To find out if and when you may become eligible then go to Hull City Council - senior buss pass.

Community transport

East Hull Community Transport is a community led charity that supplies passenger transport for individuals and community groups. It was established in 2001and their aim is to provide a safe, reliable and accessible transport service for the local community.

They operate a fleet of 16 seat minibuses that are fully accessible to people with disabilities, including wheelchair users. They have gained approved operator status from The Hull City Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council and the Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
For more information please contact us on 01482 719 600 to discuss your transport needs in more detail,

ViSt the East Hull Community Transport website to find out more


There are a number of bus service providers in Hull, all of which recognise the need to make bus travel within the city equally accessible for everyone within the city. A number of bus service providers, have and continue to invest significantly to making this a reality.

City wide bus map (size: 6.3 Mb)

East Hull bus map (size: 426.9 Kb)

West Hull bus map (size: 306.2 Kb)

You can access Bus service updates and information regarding service disruptions by contacting BUSCALL on 0871 200 2233, 8am to 8pm daily.

There is also a Bus text service, you can access this by using the eight digit bus stop number that you will find on you bus stop, in doing this you can find out the next five bus services to leave that stop.

Simply text the bus stop number to 64422. Please note a charge of 10p per text message plus your usual network charges apply. Keep your most used bus stops and the short code number in your phone's memory so you can text us from anywhere.

East Yorkshire Motor Service (EYMS)

You can Contact EYMS and find out more about particular, routes, times and fares by calling the BusLine on 01482 592 929, open Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm. You can also email: BusLine@eyms.co.uk

For more information on bus routes, times and fares, viisit the EYMS website


Stagecoach Hull offer a number of bus services within Hull. To find out more information about fares, times and accessibility you can contact them via their switchboard, which is open from 8 am to 5.30pm from Monday to Friday and 8am to 5:15pm on Saturday. Thier telephone number is 01482 222 333, fax: 01482 217 613 or email them at: hull@stagecoachbus.com

Visit the Stagecoach website to find out more.


Acklams coaches' offer coach hire and local travel in Hull and Beverley.

For more information visit their website here

Alternativley telephone 01482 887 666 or email sayhello@acklamscoaches.co.uk


There are a number of different Taxi service providers in Hull. A good place to start to identify and recognise a licensed firm is to consult our taxi safety information page.

There are a number of providers on the list that offer wheelchair accessible vehicles. However, it is best that you consult with them directly to ensure that your specific access needs can be catered for.

Access the taxi safety information page here

Local Parking

Visit the council website using the link provided to access information on

  • council parking sites
  • the blue badge scheme
  • on street parking for blue badge holders
  • blue badge applications

Visit Hull City Council - Parking and transport here


If you have any questions about getting your bicycle ready to ride you can find out more by using the website link provided.

You can also contact the Highways network team if you would like to suggest new routes or locations for cycle facilities or if you have any queries about cycling in Hull.

Highways Network Management
1st Floor
Festival House
93 Jameson Street

Tel: 01482 300 300
Email: traffic.services@hullcc.gov.uk

Access Cycling in the City information page


Motability is a national charity that helps people with their mobility needs. The Motability Scheme allows people to lease a car using their government-funded mobility allowance. You can nominate up to two drivers if you do not have a licence.

To find out more you can contact

Warwick House
Roydon Road
CM19 5PX

General enquiries: 01279 635 999
Car and wheelchair and scooter schemes: 08454 564 566

Text phone:
General enquiries: 01279 632 213
Car and Wheelchair and Scooter Schemes: 0845 675 0009

To access more information visit the motability website here

Last reviewed: 03/11/2017

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Public and community transport

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.