Please review and correct the information below.

Welfare benefits

Benefits are available to help people financially in order to maintain their independence. You can access various schemes to help support you.

Benefits entitlement

Includes information on when and how benefit payments are made as well as benefit calculators and benefit fraud.

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more about benefit entitlements

Benefits calculator

You can use an independent benefits calculator to find out what benefits you could get. They also give you information on how to claim and how your benefits are affected if you start to work.

These are free to use, anonymous, and have replaced the Benefits Adviser service.


entitledto help people determine what they can claim from national and local government via their self serve calculators. They can help you to make sure you get the financial support you are entitled to.

entitledto provide a reliable estimate of benefit entitlements based on their in depth knowledge of the UK's social security system. Using the online benefits calculators, you can determine whether you are receiving the right amount of money into your benefit claims. They can also support you to understand what your position would be as government welfare changes take effect.

Visit the entiltledto website to find out more


Turn2us has information on –

  • income related benefits
  • tax credits
  • council tax reduction
  • carer’s allowance
  • universal credit
  • how your benefits are affected if you start work or change your working hours

Access theTurn2us website to find out more


GOV.UK has lots information on various different benefits and how you can apply.

Disability related benefits

There is a wide range of disability related financial support including –

  • benefits
  • tax credits
  • payments
  • grants
  • concessions

The main disability and sickness benefits are –

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance

Depending on your circumstances, you might also be able to get – 

  • Industrial Injuries Benefit if you’re disabled as a result of work
  • Constant Attendance Allowance if you need daily care and attention because of a disability
  • the disability element of Working Tax Credit, if you work and are getting PIP or DLA

Visit the GOV.UK website for financial support if you are disabled 

Other benefits schemes

Benefits for families

Includes information on various welfare support for families.

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out aboutbenefits for families

Carers and disability benefits

This section has information relating to financial support on a range of disability related benefits. It also has information for carers regarding what benefits you may be entitled to.

Visit the GOV.UK website for more information about carers and disability benefits

Child benefits

This section includes information for parents on how to apply and eligibility child benefits.

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out about child benefits

Death and benefits

This section includes information on what support is available for people who have had a death in the family.

Visit the GOV.UK website for support covering death and benefits

Heating and housing benefits

Has information on benefits you maybe eligible for in relation to heating bills and housing support.

Visit the GOV.UK website to access support about heating and housing benefits

Jobseekers allowance and low income benefits

This section has information on support for people who are out of work or on a low income.

Visit the GOV.UK website for information about jobseekers allowance and low income benefits

Tax credits

This section includes information on tax credits, how to claim, what you can claim for and who is eligible.

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more about tax credits

Universal Credit

This section includes information on Universal Credit.

Universal Credit is to replace the following benefits –

  • child tax credit
  • housing benefit
  • income support
  • income based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
  • income related employment and support allowance (ESA)
  • working tax credit

If you currently receive any of these benefits, you cannot claim Universal Credit at the same time.

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. You don’t need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances.

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more about Universal Credit

Last reviewed: 30/01/2018

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Welfare benefits

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.