If you are starting to need more regular support in your everyday life, then it is well worth considering Extra care housing.
Extra care could be your home for life, particularly, if you already have some form of care and support need. So if you are starting to think about your future, then you should consider Extra Care as an option.
We recognise that being able to plan ahead and keeping your independence are important. Hull Extra care housing encourages you to lead an independent and enjoyable life. You can also feel secure in the knowledge that onsite care and support services are available throughout the full day.
Extra care is often considered as a home for older people. However, it is also worth considering if you are 18 years or over and, have some additional needs such as -
- Sensory impairment
- Learning or physical disability
- Mental health need including Alzheimer’s or dementia.
There are three extra care sites, each offering a mix of one and two bedroom self-contained apartments. There is onsite tenancy support and care is available through planned care. The emergency call system operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week for people who need it.
Unlike a residential care home, extra care housing can provide you with your own individual home, designed and adapted to meet your care and support needs. This help you to continue your life within the local community.
There are three new services across Hull -
- Harrison Park, Hall Road, Orchard Park (North Hull) opened in April 2017
- Cecil Gardens, Hawthorn Avenue (West Hull) opened in July 2017
- Redwood Glades, Leads Road (East Hull) opened in September 2017
There is a total of 316 apartments across the three sites (around 107 one bedroom apartments and around (209 two bedroom apartment).
To be considered for extra care housing you must meet the following criteria -
- be at least 18 years old, except where a transition plan is inplace
- be on the council’s Home search housing list
- have a formal assessed care need which is currently met by Hull Adult Social Care
- meet the local connection criteria for extra care housing
Alternatively you can contact the Hull City Council via -
- telephone: 01482 300 300 and ask for Extra care