What is the End of life celebration event
A unique free event to help you plan for the end of life and stop death being a taboo subject
Discover how you can support people at the end of life, and their families, in dealing with the inevitable.
Celebration of Life is a free event providing expertise and information to health and social care professionals to make sure members of the public understand the choices available to them.
Celebrating your life and considering your choices.
On the day you wil find -
- Team Crafting Area - Gain an understanding of cultural legacy and learn how to memorialise and capture life experiences using memory boxes, traditional crafts and other interactive activities.
- Creative Writing Workshops - Joe Hakim explains how to capture life experiences through poetry.
- Death Café - Discussions to increase awareness of death, dying and celebrating life.
A rolling programme of presentations starting at 10.30am with information on signposting from organisations including –
- Bereavement Midwives Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals
- Hull City Council Bereavement Team
- Natural Death Centre
- Dementia Care
- Macmillan Survivorship Service
- Process Medicine of the Elderly Service
- Setting up your own Support Group Kevin Delaney: Hull CVSHull &
- ERY Chaplaincy Team
There will be an opportunity to talk with over 50 information stalls providing information & resources available in the community
The End of life celebration event will take place on Thursday 15th May 2019 from 10am to 4pm at -
S Church Side
For more information call 01482 335 558