Accessibility statement and options
Text size:
Please review and correct the information below.

Advice and Information Hubs

There are a number of advice and information Hubs’ across the city which can support you in a number of areas including –

  • Benefits advice
  • Disability related support
  • Housing Support
  • Legal matters
  • Money and debt
  • Social Prescribing

Some information and advice centres allow you to drop in, while others will require you to make an appointment before visiting.

Hull City Council

Customer service centres

Hull City Council currently have three customer service centres in Hull –

  • The Wilson Centre, Alfred Gelder Street Hull, HU1 2AG
  • Bransholme, Bransholme Health Centre, Goodhart Road, Hull, HU7 4DW
  • The Orchard Centre, The Orchard Centre, Orchard Park Road, Hull, HU6 9B
  • Kenworthy House (Support for young people) Hull City Council, 98-104 George Street, Hull, HU1 3DT

Customer service centres provide access to our services such as -

  • applying for housing benefit and council tax reduction
  • applying for housing
  • paying bills
  • collecting forms
  • filling in forms
  • free public internet
  • help from partners - for example Citizen's Advice Bureau

Library services

The library service provides access to some of our services.

Blue badges, bus passes, parking permits, parking scratchcards and railcards can be applied for at –

  • Bransholme Library, Goodhart Road, Hull, HU7 4EF
  • Central Library, Albion Street, Hull, HU1 3TF
  • Fred Moore Library, Wold Road, Hull, HU5 5UN
  • Greenwood Library, 220 Greenwood Avenue, Hull, HU6 9RU
  • Ings Library, Savoy Road, Hull, HU8 0TY
  • Western Library, 254 Boulevard, Hessle Road, Hull, HU3 3ED

Bus passes, parking permits, parking scratchcards and railcards can be applied for at -

  • Avenues Library, 76 Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, HU5 3TS

Bus passes and railcards can be applied for at -

  • East Park Library, East Park, Central Pavilion, Holderness Road, Hull, HU8 8JU

Housing Information points

There are four housing information points across the city providing access and advice on some of our services, such as housing and housing benefits. If it is a query regarding council tenant rent and repairs please register with the Housing Self Serve.

Access Housing Self Service

Please note the information points are currently closed over lunch time periods until further notice. A telephone service will be in operation during these periods if you cannot find the relevant information on the website.

  • Bethune Avenue West, 54 Bethune Avenue, Hull, HU4 7EJ - closed 1 to 2pm
  • Bilton Grange East, 13 Greenwich Avenue, Hull, HU9 4UX – closed 12noon to 1pm
  • Greatfield Park,  34 - 36 Elmbridge Parade, Hull, HU9 4JU – closed 1pm to 2pm
  • Longhill East, 112 Shannon Road, Hull, HU8 9PD – closed 1pm to 2pm

You can contact Hull Council by telephone on 01482 300 300

Citizen’s Advice

Citizens Advice Hull & East Riding (CAB) provides free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information on a wide range of subjects.

Citizens Advice Bureau can help you to manage your debts; they can also assist with bankruptcy and Debt Relief Orders. (DRO’s)

Citizens Advice Bureau can improve your debt situation by giving you the right advice and information to make informed choices including –

  • help to deal with your debt problems
  • how to avoid losing your home
  • how to get your finances back into shape

They can also provide help and guidance with filling out forms for some benefit entitlements.

Visit the Citizens Advice Hull & East Riding website

Alternately you can contact them via -

In Person -

Hull Office

The Wilson Centre

Alfred Gelder Street



Choices and Rights

Choices and Rights is an organisation for disabled people in the Kingston upon Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.

They are 100% run and controlled by disabled people. They believe that the best experts on the needs of disabled people are disabled people themselves and as a result, Choices and Rights membership and reputation has grown because agencies and organisations know that when they seek consultation with them they will have dialogue with a delegation of disabled people.

They offer a range of services that can support you to live independently including -

  • Disability Information Service
  • Children’s Direct Payments Support Scheme
  • Support with Direct Payments (including PA support)
  • Disability Equality Training
  • Disability Discrimination Advice

You can find more information on the services that Choices and Rights offer on the website, using the link provided.

Access the Choices and Rights website

Alternatively, if you feel you would benefit from their advice and experience or would like to access one of their services, you can contact them via –

In person -

The Centre for Independent Living

Jude Lodge (Tiverton House)

Tiverton Road




Hull Council of Disabled People

Hull Council of Disabled People (HCDP) is a charitable organisation that can be found in the town centre and provide a range of services in including –

  • Advice and guidance
  • Advocacy regarding accessibility of services
  • Benefits and welfare support
  • Wheelchair and Zimmer frame loan
  • Decoration service
  • Advice on accessible holidays
  • House clearing service
  • Gardening service
  • Cafeteria and social centre

The centre and café is open to all from 9am to 3:30pm an can be found at -

Hull Council of Disabled People

35/37 Ferensway



Visit the Hull Council of Disabled People's website here

Alternatively, you can contact them via –

Advice for older people

Age UK Hull offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.

Age UK information and advice officers are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.

You can access the information and advice service in a number of ways.

Healthy Living Centre

Bradbury House

Porter Street



Visit the Age UK Hull website here

Information for Carers

The Carers' Information and Support Service (CISS) is a service dedicated to supporting carers, i.e. a person who looks after another adult or child with a chronic long-term illness or disability. The disability may be mental, physical or both.

The service originally known as Carers' Centre Hull began in 1999, since then it has supported over 6,600 carers and those they care for.

Carers and their families can at times feel isolated and lonely. Help is on hand with one to one guidance, support with -

  • DWP advice and direct referral
  • access to information relevant to your caring role
  • help registering as a carer for your GP
  • free confidential advice and support
  • free befriending support
  • access to respite
  • access to Legal Financial Advice
  • Carers group (access and support to set up a carers group)
  • free services with one of their trained carer support professionals
  • signposting and referrals to other services
  • free support courses for carers
  • assessment and eligibility to access the Direct Payment For Carers grant scheme

They also offer a comprehensive carer assessment resulting in information on your entitlements and identifying community services that may be available to you.

They can arrange to see you somewhere near your own home or in theit city centre office.

Access the CISS website here

Alternatively, you can contact them via –

Drop-in service :(9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Calvert Centre

110a Calvert Lane



Connect Well

Connect Well Hull can help you access support and guidance on a range of issues. It provides links to community groups, services and activities that could help you make positive changes or just improve how you feel.

Connect Well Hull is a friendly, free and confidential service run by Citizen’s Advice Hull and East Riding. If you are aged 16 or over and live in Hull, or are registered with a Hull GP, you can make an appointment with a Wellbeing Co-ordinator or Welfare Adviser.

Visit the Connect Well website here

Alternatively, you can contact them via –

Last reviewed: 22/04/2019