Please review and correct the information below.

Trains are a great way of getting out and about and visiting other parts of the UK. There are a number of schemes that can help when using the train.

Travel Assistance

If you need help when travelling by train you can book for assistance. You can get assistance to help you with –

  • guiding you to your required platform, taxi or amenities
  • help you with any luggage
  • support you to get off and on the train
  • support to move around the train station

It is recommended that you book at least 24 hours before your journey to give the train companies time to manage your request.

Book for train assistance here

Hull Disability rail card

The Hull disability rail card concessionary scheme offers discounted concessionary travel available in the East Riding of Yorkshire area.
The card enables the holder to travel free of charge within the East Riding of Yorkshire and to Scarborough and York. This scheme is only valid on Northern services only and the card is not valid via Leeds or Doncaster.

There is no companion (+C) element with this pass and so those requiring assistance will have to make their own arrangements.

Visit the Hull City Council website– disability railcard to find out more

Last reviewed: 08/11/2018