Accessibility statement and options
Text size:
Please review and correct the information below.

Special education colleges

For people with more complex needs, there are a number of special education colleges across the country that offers residential and day placements.

Before considering a residential college, you should think about what things you can do locally to help you to live your life.

Find a Special College

Natspec is the membership association for organisations which offer specialist further education and training for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.

You can search for special education colleges on their website by using the link provided

Search for a special educational college here

Download their 2018/20 college directory (PDF, 5mb)

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

All residential special colleges must be registered with the Care Quality Commission in order to operate in the UK. After searching through the college directory, you should check the CQC rating on their website so you are fully aware of the college’s performance.

Visit the CQC website here

Last reviewed: 08/11/2018