Back to top

Please review and correct the information below.

Caring for your pet

General Pet Care

Pets can make great companions; however, you may feel that you need some support to take care of your pet. Here are some useful contacts for you to consider when searching for pet Care.

Go to the website to find a range of local pet services to help keep your pet healthy and happy.

Visit the Yell website here

Hull PDSA Pet Hospital

The PDSA has Pet Hospitals around the UK providing medical and surgical veterinary care for sick and injured pets. They are staffed by highly qualified and experienced PDSA vets and nurses.

In Hull, you will be eligible to register your pets for a reduced cost service if you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefit -

  • Child Tax and Working Tax Credits
  • Universal Credit (without housing element)
  • Pension Credit
  • Income Support
  • Job Seeker’s Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (formally incapacity benefit)
  • Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • State retired pensioners who are householders in -council tax bands A to D are also eligible

You will also be eligible to register one pet for their free service if you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits –

  • Housing Benefit (means- -tested help with your rent)
  • Council Tax Support / Reduction Scheme (means tested help with your council tax liability)
  • Universal Credit with a housing element
  • Income based rate relief *in Northern Ireland only

You can contact them by telephone on 01482 426 999

They are based at -

20 Brunswick Avenue


HU2 9AY is an online website where you can search for professionals to support you with –

  • pet care
  • dog walking services
  • pet sitting
  • dog training
  • dog and pet grooming

Once you select what type of service you are looking for, will respond to you with a list of local people who can support you with your specific pet needs.

Go to to start your search


PupsAway provide you with a complete doggy care service, whether that be day care while you work, doggy holiday homes when you're away, regular walks or lead training. We have dedicated dog sitters, carers and walkers throughout Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.

Visit their website to find out more

Alternatively, you can contact them by telephone on 01482 2404 84 or 07939 672 801

The Cinnamon Trust

The Cinnamon Trust is a National charity that can look after your pet while you are in hospital if you are 60 or over or are in the later stages of a terminal illness (Palliative Care).

This service is free, but, is limited as the service is dependent on the availability and location of volunteers.

Access the Cinnamon Trust

Alternatively, you, can contact the Cinnamon Trust on 01736 757 900


The Blue Cross

Blue Cross can provide you with advice and information to help you care for your pet as well as finding homes for unwanted dogs and cats across the UK.

Find out more about Blue Cross here

They also offer a Pet Bereavement Support Service to help you get over the loss of your pet. You can contact the Pet Bereavement Support Service by telephone on 08000 966 606

Last reviewed: 08/11/2018