Accessibility statement and options
Text size:
Please review and correct the information below.


Wheelchairs and rollators

One of the ways to get a wheelchair or rollator is through the NHS. To request either a new wheelchair or a short term loan of a wheelchair for medical reasons (for example illness or an accident), please contact your GP or hospital consultant. They will make a referral for an assessment to the Services to the NRS

The following organisations also supply wheelchairs on short-term loans. Please contact them for details of any eligibility criteria and charging -

  • British Red Cross Society - telephone: 01482 499 830
  • Age UK - telephone: 01482 324 644
  • Hull Council for Disabled People - Telephone: 01482 326 140

Repairs, servicing or collection of wheelchairs

For repairs, servicing and collection of wheelchairs, please contact the NRS Hull and East Riding via –

in person –

Hull & East Riding NHS Wheelchair Service

Wheelchair Assessment Centre

11, Reed Street



Please note NRS can only provide this service if the wheelchair was supplied by them. If you bought the chair privately, you are responsible for any repairs.

Safe travel in your wheelchair

Unwin Safety Systems

Unwin is a Autoadapt company, which deliveries wheelchair safety solutions to help maximise accessibility for all. They have a database which holds details of many UK manufactured wheelchairs and their online wheelchair guide can give you guidance on safe trsvel in your wheelchair.

Visit the Unwin Safety systems website here

Alternatively, you can contact them by telephone on 01935 827 740.

Research Institute for Disabled Consumers (RICA)

Rica provide consumer information and user reviews to help disabled and older people choose the right products and services to lead an independent life. RICA also has information and advice on transport which you can access by using the link provided.

Find out more about travelling safely on public transport here

Alternatively, You can Contact them via -

Mobility Scooter scheme

If you have mobility difficulties, you can hire a mobility scooter to help you get round Hull City Centre.
The scheme is located next door to Debenhams and the address is -

Hull Council for Disabled People on Ferensway

75 Ferensway



Alternatively, you can get in contact with the scheme by telephone on 01482 326 140

Last reviewed: 07/12/2018