Carers Chrsitmas Carols
Join us for Carers Christmas Carols at 2pm on Thursday 13th December 2018 at -
for more information, contact the Carers Information Support servcie via -
- telephone: 01482 222 220
- text CARERS:61825
The Carers' Information and Support Service (CISS)
The Carers' Information and Support Service (CISS) is a service dedicated to supporting carers, i.e. a person who looks after another adult or child with a chronic long-term illness or disability. The disability may be mental, physical or both.
The service originally known as Carers' Centre Hull began in 1999, since then it has supported over 6,600 carers and those they care for.
Carers and their families can at times feel isolated and lonely. Help is on hand with one to one guidance, support with -
- DWP advice and direct referral
- access to information relevant to your caring role
- help registering as a carer for your GP
- free confidential advice and support
- free befriending support
- access to respite
- access to Legal Financial Advice
- Carers group (access and support to set up a carers group)
- free services with one of their trained carer support professionals
- signposting and referrals to other services
- free support courses for carers
- assessment and eligibility to access the Direct Payment For Carers grant scheme
They also offer a comprehensive carer assessment resulting in information on your entitlements and identifying community services that may be available to you.
They can arrange to see you somewhere near your own home or in theit city centre office.
Alternatively, you can contact them via –
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01482 22 22 22
Drop-in service:(9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday)
110a Calvert Lane