Accessibility statement and options
Text size:
Please review and correct the information below.

Leaving Hospital

Support from discharge

In order to provide you with a safe and swift discharge from hospital, your healthcare team may refer you to the Hospital Social Worker team. The Hospital Social Worker team will complete an assessment based on your needs. The team will then provide you with information, advice and support on the best actions to meet your needs.

If you feel that you require support when leaving hospital, you can also request an assessment. You can do this by making a request to your healthcare team who will make a referral on your behalf.

If you are expecting to find your daily routines difficult at the early stages of your recovery then considering things like what equipment you are able to buy could be the way to make your recovery easier when you return home.

Go to the equipment and adaptations page

Helping your Recovery

In order to help with your recovery there is a range of support available to you to help you get back to living your life.

If you have additional care and support needs following your stay in hospital, then the Active Recovery team will assess your needs.

They will then organise a care and support package for you prior to you retuning home in order ensure you can recover safely.

Hull Churches Home from hospital

If you live in Hull, there is a service that can support your discharge from hospital, free for up to six weeks, depending on the nature and complexity of your recovery.

Hull Churches Home from Hospital (HCHfH) has been helping people since 1994. It was set up in order to help people to manage in their own homes following discharge from hospital. Their purpose is to help you get back on your feet and to feel confident enough to resume your usual activities.

Visit the Hull Churches Home from Hospital website here

Alternatively you can contact them by telephone on 01482 447 673

Connect Well Hull

During your recovery, you may want to start looking at things to do within the community. If this is the case, you can make an appointment with Connect Well Hull.

Connect Well Hull can help you access support and guidance on a range of issues. It provides links to community groups, services and activities that could help you make positive changes or just improve how you feel.

It can be particularly good to do these things to avoid feeling lonely and isolated during your recovery. They will take into account any support needs you may have and signpost you to services that can adapt to those needs.

Connect Well Hull is a friendly, free and confidential service run by Citizen’s Advice Hull and East Riding. If you are aged 16 or over and live in Hull, or are registered with a Hull GP, you can make an appointment with Wellbeing Co-ordinator or Welfare Adviser.

To find out more, visit the Connect Well website here

Alternatively, you can contact them via –

Last reviewed: 08/11/2017