Text size:
Hospital Stays

During Your Hospital Stay

Support while you are in hospital

If you are in hospital and require additional support during your stay, you may be referred to a hospital social worker. A social worker can support you, your family and carers with any practical or personal difficulties you may have. If you already have one who has been visiting you in your home, they will continue to visit you in the hospital.

If you have any mental health conditions, your healthcare teams should refer you to the liaison psychiatry service that will support your mental health needs.

If you need additional support due to a learning disability, you might be referred to the learning disability liaison nurse.

A referral will depend on whether the healthcare team can meet your needs. If you are referred, the learning disability liaison nurse will offer additional support during your hospital stay.

Last updated: