British Red Cross Hull Assisted Discharge Service
The British Red Cross provides time-limited support to
people after a personal crisis or illness, giving you the
confidence and independence to continue with daily life.
Assisted discharge service
Our skilled and experienced team can provide you with practical and
emotional support on the day of your discharge from hospital.
The Assisted Discharge service aims to:
- Facilitate prompt and safe discharges
- Provide escorts from hospital
- Offer practical and emotional support
What we can help with
Our team can provide emotional and practical support to help
facilitate prompt and safe discharges.
Tasks might include:
- Escorting home
- Settling in at home after discharge
- Offering conversation and support
- Essential shopping
- Collecting prescriptions or doctors’ letters
- Support in finding and accessing other services
Unfortunately we cannot:
- Perform any personal care
- Give medication or change dressings
- Be a substitute for any statutory service
- Offer long-term befriending services
How to access the service
Members of the nursing staff, occupational therapist, doctor
or the discharge coordinator on your ward can make a referral
to the assisted discharge service.