City Healthcare Partnership
City Healthcare Partnership run a wellbeing service which aims to address the physical health inequalities experienced by people with a learning disability, to raise awareness of these issues, reduce stigma and increase social inclusion.
The Wellbeing Service works in partnership with primary and secondary health care services, voluntary organisations and health promotion, to promote annual health checks for people in Hull who have learning disabilities.
Visit the City Healthcare Partnership - wellbeing service for more information (Opens in a new window)
Alternatively, you can contact them by telephone on (01482) 335 642
Townend Court is a 20 bed facility for assessment and treatment of people with learning disabilities. Those people who are offered services at Townend Court are struggling to be supported in their ordinary community placement and require a safe and therapeutic environment.
Townend Court provides specialist health care to individuals and their carers, ensuring at all times that they are treated with dignity and respect during periods of behavioural distress. Townend Court provides a ‘hub’ for the wider learning disability services and can be accessed 365 days a year
You can contact Townend Court via –
- email: HNF-TR.ContactUs@nhs.net (Opens in a new window)
- telephone number: 01482 336 740
In person -
296 Cottingham Road
My Health Guide
My Health Guide is a specially designed app for people with Learning disabilities to help manage their daily lives by providing a simple to use system that can be accessed by carers, friends and health and social care professionals to support individuals in a range of health and community settings.
My Health Guide can be used to store information about an individual and lets carers, health professionals and community providers develop services based on the information that is stored. This means that the person will receive a consistent service no matter who is supporting them or where they are. The app is widely used by service providers in Hull and the East Riding.
The app was developed and is being used a lot by Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust.
My Health Guide includes –
- Boxes – users can create boxes (as many as they want) to store things that are important to them
- Important Things About Me – users can store important information about themselves and can add whatever content they like which they think is essential, including words, pictures, video and audio.
- Appointments - users can use the app’s appointment facility to create appointments and reminders
- Contacts & Sharing - users can record the details of friends, family and carers in the contacts facility, any information on the app can then be shared with people that service user chooses from their contacts
- Documents - users can upload documents into the app and store them all in one place and can then read them whenever they choose
- Data Back-Up & Synchronisation - App user data is automatically synchronised to the My Health Guide server, whenever the app is open and the device is connected to WiFi.
- Customization - users can personalise their app to make it easier for them to use
If you are receiving services from the Community Team for LD please ask about using the app, alternatively you can access the app directly from the app store for IoS or Android devices.
The app costs £24 per year and subscription gives users full access to My Health Guide –
- Create and manage boxes according to your needs
- Add, edit, remove box content (text, pictures, video and audio)
- Create appointments with scheduled reminders
- Add contacts
- Add documents
- Share your boxes with friends and family
Visit the My Health Guide website to find out more (Opens in a new window)
Download the My Health guide App here (Opens in a new window)
Alternatively, you can email them at email@example.com (Opens in a new window)
My Health Guide Engagement & Training Sessions
Maldaba offers different sessions to help healthcare professionals become aware of and get the most benefit from My Health Guide.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Opens in a new window)