The Hull Sensory team offer support and guidance to children and adults with dual sensory loss and can arrange for you to have a specialist dual sensory assessment.
Your assessment helps the sensory team understand how they can help you live safely and independently in your own home.
They can provide specialist deafblind assessors and communicator guides to support and advise people with dual sensory needs.
This can include advice and support on –
- equipment and adaptations
- alternative techniques to carrying out daily living tasks
- registering as disabled
- long cane and orientation
- mobility training for people with sight impairments
- advice on social care support
You can contact the Sensory support team via –
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org (Opens in a new window)
- telephone - 01482 318 700
- text service - 07810 503 530
- type talk service / Mincom - 18001 01482 318 700
There are also a number of local and national groups and organisations that aim to support people and their carer’s with the impact of sensory impairment.
For information and support on a specific sensory impairment, visit our hearing and visual impairments pages.