Smoking and your health
Smoking is one of the biggest causes of death and illness in the UK, increasing your risk of developing more than 50 serious health conditions including lung cancer, and heart disease.
In Hull over 63,000 adults still smoke and smoking directly kills 40 Hull residents each month. This means that approximately one in every five deaths in Hull is directly caused by smoking. Therefore Hull has almost the highest rate of hospital admissions caused by smoking.
Although stopping smoking can be difficult, particularly if it is a habit you have had for a long time, the most important thing is it’s never too late to quit.
Stopping at any age increases your life expectancy, provided that you stop before you develop cancer or another serious disease. Once you stop smoking, some of the benefits are immediate and some are longer term.
Smokefree Hull Service
Change Grow Live (CGL) provide Hull’s Stop Smoking Service. They offer FREE advice and support to those who want to quit smoking at a venue near you. They can offer nicotine replacement therapy and are e-cigarette friendly.
You can find our clinics in community venues across Hull, and we understand that everyone’s journey to quitting will be different.
The service offers:
- Advice and information about smoking and e-cigarettes
- A personalised plan for quitting up to 12 weeks’ long
- Access to Nicotine Replacement
- Therapy and Champix, a prescription medication that can help with nicotine addiction
- One to one and group activities to help people change their habits
- Carbon Monoxide monitoring
- Advice and help over the phone and video call
- Promoting the benefits of giving up smoking - better health, more money, improved smell and taste and more energy
- They are an e-cigarette friendly service.
Find out more about stop smoking here
Alternatively, you can contact the service via -
- Telephone: 01482 977617
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @smokefreehull
- Facebook: @smokefreehull