Text size:

Sheltered Housing

If you are over 55 and you wish to live independently but would like the added security of support staff, you may wish to consider applying for sheltered housing.

You can choose from a number of sheltered housing schemes across the city, which all provide modern facilities. All of our properties are fitted with an emergency alarm system which allows you to call for help, 24 hours a day.

When you move into one of our sheltered housing schemes, we work with you to develop a support plan tailored to your individual needs. The support available includes -

  • a 24 hour emergency alarm service monitored through the Kingston Care Control Centre
  • a calling service based upon your needs
  • assistance to contact other services

If you would like to apply for sheltered housing, you need to fill in a HomeSearch application form.

Apply for sheltered housing (Opens in a new window)

You can also pick up an application form from The Wilson Centre or information or telephone 01482 300 300 and we can post one to you.

More on sheltered housing here (Opens in a new window)

Alternatively, you can contact the Sheltered Housing team via - Contact us

Sheltered Housing Department

Hull City Council

Third Floor

Treasury Building

Guildhall Road



Last updated: