Text size:
Keeping People Safe

What is Abuse?

This section considers the different types and patterns of abuse and neglect and the different circumstances in which they may take place.

This is not intended to be an exhaustive list but a guide as to the sort of behaviour which could give rise to a safeguarding concern.

The next sections give more details of each aspect of how the specific types of abuse can present itself.


Report a Safeguarding Concern or Abuse of an Adult

If you have been or still are the victim of abuse, or you know someone who you think is being abused, contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub via -

  • Telephone: 01482 616092 - ask for the adults safeguarding team duty officer
  • Telephone: 01482 300 304 - after 5:00pm or during weekends
  • Fax: 01482 318217 - address to the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
  • Email: adultsafeguarding@hullcc.gcsx.gov.uk (Opens in a new window) (secure)

Address -

Brunswick House

Strand Close

Beverley Road




Approach – phone before form

We recommend that you discuss your concern with the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub before completing and sending the alerter form. A member of the team will be able to give you guidance and support and agree the next steps with you.


Alerter Form

Access the Alerter form

Access the Alerter form extension

If you believe a crime is being committed then you will need to let the Police know.. You can contact them on 101.

Or if -

  • your or someone’s life is in danger
  • violence is being used and threatened
  • a crime is in progress

Then it is time to dial 999.

Contact Humberside Police to talk through your concerns (Opens in a new window)

Last updated: