Text size:
Money Management

Paying for Care

Do you need care and support services?

If you, or your family member, have care and support needs and feel services are required to meet those needs, then you also need to consider how you are going to pay for that provision.


Tell us about yourself

The first thing you should do is complete an 'Adult Social Care Self Needs Assessment'.

This is where you tell us about any conditions or disabilities you have which effect your wellbeing.

Complete an Adult Self assessment here (Opens in a new window)

Hull City Council then assesses this against the criteria set out in the Care Act 2014 to determine who can be provided with support services.

If at this time you do not meet the level of need set out in the guidance, we can still let you know about services you can employ privately to provide the support you are looking for.

If you do meet the criteria for receiving council arranged care, Hull City Council can create a package of care for you.


Paying for care

Unlike the NHS where health care services are free at the point of need, Adult Social Care services are means tested. To obtain state funding you must have eligible needs (based on national criteria) as assessed by an Adult Social Care worker; but also fall below the agreed national financial thresholds. For example, the amount of financial help you are entitled to is affected by your savings, investments, benefits and earnings.

Last updated: