The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult. Having a disabled person railcard means that you can get one third off your ticket for you and you carer. The disabled person railcard is valid on all train companies throughout the UK.
You will qualify if you –
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either: ◦the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
You will need show evidence for your claim.
Find out more about disabled person railcard (Opens in a new window)